There Are Three Levels of Support Coordination
Specialist Support Coordination
How Can Geelong Disability Services Help You?.
As experienced Support Coordinators we are able to assist you:
- To unpack and understand your NDIS budget, so you can allocate your current funding to different services or providers. This will ensure the services you purchase meet your needs.
- To become a more confident “purchaser” so you implement your plan in a way that best meets your individual needs and preferences.
- To locate and select service providers who are able to deliver services in accordance with your individual needs
- To set up Service Agreements with providers, so you understand exactly what services you are purchasing, the cost of these services and how this will be deducted from your budget.
- To build capacity and learn to exercise greater control over the way your services are provided.
- To coordinate the different services and activities provided through the NDIS, mainstream services and in the community.
- Prepare for NDIS plan reviews at scheduled reviews or at other times should your support needs change.
Working with you and your support network, we can assist you to explore your options, develop resilience in your own network and community, to resolve points of crisis and to build on informal supports.
Our Support Coordination team aims to build your capacity to undertake tasks associated with the management of your own supports and assist with community access plans as well. The type of Support Coordination you are funded for will be outlined in your NDIS plan.